Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Noticeable Difference

So tomorrow March 2nd I begin student teaching at Ruston High School for my final quarter at Louisiana Tech University.  I am excited, scared, nervous, and extremely ready to graduate...but there is something else.  I walked out of after my final last Wednesday and thought to myself, "Wow, that was the last time I will be doing that...ever."  I mean don't get my wrong, I will take more tests.  I will be a teacher it comes with the job.  But I will never be in a college classroom again taking a test with 50 other people going through their college experience.  It was an unnerving feeling to tell you the truth.  A feeling like graduating high school but this time that feeling was on crack cocaine, because there wasn't a safety net of more school that was going to catch me.  All that I have left now is - life - and that to me feels like free fall.

No more big college classrooms, lunch in Tolliver, sitting at the red tables in the bright sunlight of a nice spring day (even though those days seem to be few and far between here), and no more casually sleeping in until 8 or 9 depending on how late I got to bed the night before.  As Pampers says, "I'm a big kid now!" I now have to be up around 6 and get ready to begin a fun filled day with hundreds of students who do not want to be at school and really don't care what I have to say for the most part.

Sounds depressing once you think about it.

But I will enjoy this last quarter as a Tech student and embrace all it has to offer.  Because as of now, I have around 100 students (5 classes, 20 students each class, you do the math) who cannot run away from me no matter what they think of my teaching and that to me is a pretty solid mission field.  I will be their light in the darkness, their safety when all fails, their rock in times of trouble...WOW what am I saying...sorry I got off on a Batman speech rant right there.  Any who.  God has given me a great mission field for my final months in school and I am thankful for it.

Life is noticeably different (you like how I put the title of the blog in here, you're welcome) now and I am ready for the adventures ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment