Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Couple of Nonsense

So there are a couple of things that I would like to discuss today that are just some really aggravating me right now.  The first is the phenomenon in the music world right now.  Ke$ha is a huge success, Mumford and Sons are slowly becoming a household name, and people like Rebecca Black are being allowed to release music.

What the crap is going on.

Ke$ha, the Black Eyed Peas, any rap being released right now is all just sucking.  All there is now is a good hook, an okay beat, and a below average to terrible singer who just happens to be hot enough to "overcome" the no-talent obstacle.  Are people too scared to tell them that their music is awful and that in most countries they would be shot for what they are putting out?  Because I say that all the time.  I will actually say it right now.

Their music is awful.  There I said it.  I'm glad someone could finally do it.

But whatever happened to good bands that put out good music that were mainstream.  N'SYNC is a good example.  And if you say that N'SYNC was an awful band I'm am sure that somewhere in your house your mother has pictures of you dancing to "Bye, bye, bye" or singing "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You".  So shut it.  Another example I will give you is Creed's first album.  I know what you all might be thinking now...

"Creed, really Frank, that's thick!"  Thick guys, really.  (Shout out to Dave Awalt for that joke.)

But seriously we were all singing "I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking..." in his deep Kermit the Frog voice.  Those were good times and good bands.  The next thing is this ridiculous Rebecca Black "phenomenon" (as MSN is calling it) going around right now.  Her song is like the movie "The Ring."  Once you watch it you may die in seven days.  And I digress....

Lastly, Mumford and Sons becoming a well known band because of the Grammys.  I absolutely disdain people who ask me after watching the Grammys, "Have you ever heard of Mumford and Sons?"

I just want to punch them in the face after that.

Of course I have heard of Mumford and Sons!  Are they not good music?  If you listen to good music, meaning anything not falling into the paragraphs above, I most likely listen to it.  So if you feel the necessity to ask me if I have heard of a good band, don't.  Keep your question to yourself and go revamp your bejeweled Ipod with good music.

No comments:

Post a Comment