Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Passionate

Today I will have a very short and concise blog.  There will be no drawn out stories or witty comments just   a thought that has been running through my head for a few days.

Having a passion for something.

As I sit here watching Braveheart I see a man who was passionate about the freedom of his country of Scotland.  He was passionate to such a degree that his life was made naught.  He considered the freedom of his people the most important mission of his life and he ultimately died for that mission.  What made him a person worth following?  What set him apart from any of the other Scotsman of the day?  It was his passion.

Think of the great rulers throughout time.  Adolf Hitler, Ganges Kan, Winston Churchill, Napoleon, or even Mussolini.   Whether these rulers were followers of Christ or not was irrelevant.  They all had passion; however misled, it was still there.  The ultimate picture of a passion was Christ.  He was passionate about the Father and every morsel of His body pointed toward seeing the Father glorified.

You can see this passion in one of Christ's last days, "O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done."  What passion!  What utter determination!  What a man!  This segways directly into what I want to talk about next.  The fruits of a passionate life.

A passion brings forth an utmost confidence.  This confidence brings makes leaders and these leaders make followers that are willing to do anything for that passion.  Again look at any of the leaders and you will find that this is true for all of their lives.

I want this passion for my life.  This type of passion inspires and I want to show them my inspiration.  I want to be able to say as Christ said, "...Your will be done."

May you too seek this passion because this world is lacking in passionate people.  And with passionate people comes passionate generations.  That is my desire, that a passionate generation may be sparked for the glory of the King.

1 comment: